"RealNano - In-line and Real-time Nano-characterization technologies for the high yield manufacturing of Flexible Organic Electronics"
H2020 -DT - NMBP -08 - 2019
Coordination of LTFN
36 months (2020-2023)
The main objectives of RealNano are the following:
- Develop rapid and real-time nanoscale, multi- modal & scale characterization tools/methodologies for OEs
- Integrate the non-destructive nano-characterization tools in in-line R2R printing and OVPD Pilot to Production Lines
- Develop characterization protocols and Data Management for interoperability across industries
- Demonstrate the tools in industrial OE processes for improvement of quality and reliability of products
- Validation of OE product quality and manufacturability on commercial applications
- Effective Transfer of results to industry by Open Innovation (Dissemination, Training, Networking/Clustering) and Management
The above can be only addressed by a European approach and a transnational cooperation between excellent entities in characterization/modelling and industrial entities with unique pilot lines. This project will bring together academic, SME and industrial partners with world-class excellence and established track-record in metrology tools and manufacturing.
This project will have a huge impact and will transform the manufacturing processes for Organic Electronics Industry and for other Industries as Thin Films (e.g. functional films, antimicrobial and decoration coatings, barriers), Electronics, Wearables, Energy, Automotive, Transport, Space, Health, etc.